I just watched a heart-wrenching documentary called, "for the BIBLE tells me so." The film is soundly based in theology and addresses many questions that I have asked myself over and over again for the last several years:
What did the Bible really mean when they call homosexuality an "abomination," and Did Jesus ever say anything about homosexuality? Could we be misinterpreting the Bible? How could God create so many wonderfully talented, generous, loving people who just happen to be gay and have it be wrong? How could God be making the same mistake over and over again? Isn't our God perfect? Doesn't the 10 Commandments say, "thou shall not kill?" The Bible says homosexuals should be put to death, what?
I have heard what the fundamentalist think and feel about the homosexuality. I wanted to hear the other side. I just could not accept that God would create millions of gays to tell them that he does not love them or they shouldn't be accepted or loved by their neighbors.
My sister, Sarah shared with me several years ago that she thinks Homosexuality is the new civil rights fight of our age. I agree. No one should be in the business of hating others based upon the way God created them.
Check out this movie. It is so moving. I need to see it again and again.
May the peace of the Lord be always with you.
Monday, November 26, 2007
For the BIBLE tells me so...
I just watched a heart-wrenching documentary called, "for the BIBLE tells me so." The film is soundly based in theology and addresses many questions that I have asked myself over and over again for the last several years:
What did the Bible really mean when they call homosexuality an "abomination," and Did Jesus ever say anything about homosexuality? Could we be misinterpreting the Bible? How could God create so many wonderfully talented, generous, loving people who just happen to be gay and have it be wrong? How could God be making the same mistake over and over again? Isn't our God perfect? Doesn't the 10 Commandments say, "thou shall not kill?" The Bible says homosexuals should be put to death, what?
I have heard what the fundamentalist think and feel about the homosexuality. I wanted to hear the other side. I just could not accept that God would create millions of gays to tell them that he does not love them or they shouldn't be accepted or loved by their neighbors.
My sister, Sarah shared with me several years ago that she thinks Homosexuality is the new civil rights fight of our age. I agree. No one should be in the business of hating others based upon the way God created them.
Check out this movie. It is so moving. I need to see it again and again.
May the peace of the Lord be always with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment